Archive for category General
Tuesday 3rd of September 2019 Microsoft announce through Tweeter that:
“We are currently investigating an issue where users are reporting high CPU usage linked to SeachUI.EXE after installing the optional update on August 30 (KB4512941). We will provide an update in an upcoming release”
We may need to avoid installing KB4512941 on Windows 10 1903 and waiting for Microsoft update.
Source: Windows_Update Twitter account
Abdul Jalil Abou Alzahab
Microsoft release two special servicing phases updates that depends on latest current branch version released:
- Phases 1 – Security and Critical updates: you receive both security and critical update in the first 4 months after a new current branch update released.
- Phased 2 – Security Update only: after phases one, you will receive security update only for 14 months as showing in the below figure:
Starting from Current Branch version 1710, support end after 18 months life cycle (4 months Security and Critical updates + 14 months Security Update only)
Microsoft announced release version 1610 for Current Branch of System Center Configuration Manager and include the following new features:
- Windows 10 Upgrade Analytics integration allows you to assess and analyze device readiness and compatibility with Windows 10 to allow smoother upgrades.
- Office 365 Servicing Dashboard and app deployment to clients features help you to deploy Office 365 apps to clients as well as track Office 365 usage and update deployments.
- Software Updates Compliance Dashboard allows you to view the current compliance status of devices in your organization and quickly analyze the data to see which devices are at risk.
- Cloud Management Gateway provides a simpler way to manage Configuration Manager clients on the Internet. You can use the ConfigMgr console to deploy the service in Microsoft Azure and configure the supported roles to allow cloud management gateway traffic.
- Client Peer Cache is a new built-in solution in Configuration Manager that allows clients to share content with other clients directly from their local cache with monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Enhancements in Software Center including customizable branding in more dialogs, notifications of new software, improvements to the notification experience for high-impact task sequence deployments, and ability for users to request applications and view request history directly in Software Center.
- New remote control features including performance optimization for remote control sessions and keyboard translation.
The following new features for System Center Configuration Manager with Microsoft Intune:
- New configuration item settings and improvements now only show settings that apply to the selected platform. We also added lots of new settings for Android (23), iOS (4), Mac (4), Windows 10 desktop and mobile (37), Windows 10 Team (7), Windows 8.1 (11), and Windows Phone 8.1 (3).
- Lookout integration allows to check device’s compliance status based on its compliance with Lookout rules.
- Request a sync from the admin console improvement allows you to request a policy sync on an enrolled mobile device from the Configuration Manager console.
- Support for paid apps in Windows Store for Business allows you to add and deploy online-licensed paid apps in addition to the free apps in Windows Store for Business.
For more details visit What’s new in version 1610 of System Center Configuration Manager documentation.
Abduljalil Abou Alzahab
New version on Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) has been released, build 8443, this version is available on the Microsoft Download Center.
Microsoft will not tag this release with a year or update version, to align with System Center Configuration Manager and Windows 10 current branches, Microsoft will use the build number to distinguish each release.
Note: This update requires the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10, version 1607.
- Supported configuration updates
- Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1607.
- Windows 10, version 1607.
- Windows Server 2016.
- Configuration Manager, version 1606.
- Quality updates
- Deployment Wizard scaling on high DPI devices
- Johan’s “uber bug” for computer replace scenario
- Multiple fixes for the Windows 10 in-place upgrade scenario
- Several fixes to Configure ADDS step
- Removed imagex/ocsetup dependencies, rely solely on DISM
- Includes the latest Configuration Manager task sequence binaries (version 1606)
Abduljalil Abou Alzahab
According to Microsoft Support Lifecycle the following products are moving to end of support in April 12, 2016:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Customer Care Framework
- Microsoft Customer Care Framework 2005
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for Embedded Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition for Itanium-based Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard X64 Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition
- Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2006
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual J# 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition academic license
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Test Load Agent
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
- Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
- Windows Embedded for Point of Service
- Service Pack 3 for Windows Embedded for Point of Service
Abdul Jalil Abou Alzahab